Benefits of hiring a real estate agent
A real estate agent is a professional with inside knowledge about the demands and needs of buying or selling a home, and they are an essential part of your home buying process. This is who keeps up with changing trends on the market, and who will negotiate for you. Ideally, it will be someone you can confide in throughout the process, ask questions and rely on their authoritative answers, and who will listen to you and your needs as you find the home of your dreams. Here are a few benefits of having a real estate agent.
- Pricing: An agent knows if a house is priced right and can identify if a home is overpriced or underpriced and lead you to the right deal. They have access to industry knowledge and keep up with industry buzz about various neighborhoods, so they can give you detailed information about how much a particular house was sold for, despite the amount it was listed at.
- Information: Real estate agents have access to information that is not available to everyone. That includes market conditions, which govern your buying and selling process, and the MLS (Multiple Listing Service, a database where real estate brokers share listings of the properties they have for sale), which can give you more options of homes available in your price range so you can make a better decision.
- Paperwork: An agent will take care of the complicated paperwork that can slow down a deal, and answer any questions you have along the way. The right agent will have your best interests in mind when filling out documentation, and will look for opportunities and programs to help you achieve your goals of buying or selling your home.
- Negotiation: A good agent will negotiate on your behalf and give you the information that will help you decide what is best for you. When you find a good agent, you have found a skilled negotiator trained to present your case in the best light, and they will agree to maintain your information confidential from competing interests.
- Knowledge: Real estate agents know what to look for in a home and in a neighborhood, and they can help point you in the right direction, especially if this is the first time you are buying a home.
- Time: Because they’ve done this so often, real estate agents know the ins and outs of home buying, which can save you a lot of time. If you see a house you love on the first showing, a real estate agent can move on it quickly, increasing your chance of ensuring that you get the house.
- Networking: Real estate agents are networking pros who work with many other professionals in the business. This is helpful when you need to find a lender, inspector, movers, and even contractors. Due to legality, many agents will hesitate to recommend an individual or company, but they can steer you away from vendors with a bad reputation. You can also ask them for a list of references with whom they have worked and who are efficient, competent and offer competitive pricing so you can make an informed decision.
How to know you are hiring the right real estate agent
- Your agent should have experience: Hire an agent with a great record of buying and selling homes. Chances are that the longer they’ve been doing this, the better they will be at it.
- Interview them: Ask questions only a knowledgeable agent can answer, and make sure you feel comfortable with their responses and confident that you will be able to communicate well with them.
- Agents come with references: See what others have to say about them. Ask friends and colleagues who have worked with them, and even ask the agent for a list of references of customers they have worked with previously. A good recommendation goes a long way.
- Agents know the area: Make sure your agent is familiar with the area you are interested in, or where the house you are selling is located. If they are not familiar, they should still be able to investigate details about that neighborhood that will help you with your decisions.
Make it count
A good real estate agent can make the process of buying a home possible. Our agents at Vámonos Realty are trained to meet your needs and focus on helping you find the house that is right for you. We guarantee that. Contact us now to make buying your dream home as stress-free as possible.